PAY IT FORWARD


After receiving the Honest Scrap Award from Keith and Shaz I had every intention of paying it forward quickly but I.......See what had happened was............
Then Myriam tagged me near the end of March and then I ................well you know....
No excuses. I appreciate the affirmation received and I'm sorry for taking so long to get to this. I think my problem was trying to find things to share about me that I thought were interesting.
Interesting or not, here goes............
1 On the first date with my wife we were actually with the wrong people, but we dumped them and reconnected three years later at Church that I only visited because of the invitation from another ex so; thanks ex's.
2 Although I play keyboards at Church, my true instrument is the trumpet. I like to play in such a manner that people forget about saxophonists. Passionate like Kirk Whalum yet moving like Grover Washington only with a trumpet instead.
3 Although I now live in Richmond, Virginia, I was born and raised in Paterson New Jersey and attended Eastside (Lean On Me) High School with fellow blogger Attorneymom.
4 I'm fighting the Good Fight of Faith against asthma and I will be victorious. As part of my fight I aspire to make a homemade demo playing trumpet to the Glory of God. The eventual album will be called Larger Than Life, and the first single will be Savior More Than Life to Me.
5 I have freckles. Way too many freckles. So many; that if I get rid of them now, my face would look empty. In grammar school the boogers called me Howdy Doody and Richie Cunningham. I like the blogger profile pictures. Small so you can't see the dots. I recently had a photo similar to Free Spirits eye catching closeup, but I deleted it because the dots were just overpowering.
6 If I'm up and tired at 11:30PM, I struggle to stay awake so I can catch (read) another episode of Escapades. This is the closest I've ever come to being hooked on a soap opera.
7 I love playing around with blogger templates, and at times redesign templates for other bloggers. They don't know I do it so it's really just for fun. The one I'll reveal today is a little too dark, but the header picture of the Philadelphia night-line is a keeper. Anyway, this bloggers daughter is an excellent photographer so he could easily use one of her works of art. I hope he doesn't mind, but if you do send me an email laying me out. The posts are actually imported from perspective so I could get a feel for how the blog would actually look.
8 Influenced by my fellow bloggers I quietly have started a poetry blog; appropriately titled not a poet
9 I love Praise and Worship; at Church in the Car. I ain't picky.
9 Still like my old school music; you know the kind that could get you in trouble; Teddy, Luther, LTD, Minnie Ripperton, Isley, Donny Hathaway etc...
10 I pray for the members of my blog family.
AND NOW.
MIZ'S WRITE FOR LIFE (I'm sure this is a repeat for you)
You have been tagged.
I know some of you don't even know me since I don't comment just for the sake of commenting, but I like reading your thoughts and hope this works to introduce you to, and to you, other bloggers I appreciate.
The official rules are below, but I really only have one rule (request) and that is, keep being the blessing God had made you.
SLC
  • When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
  • Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don't have seven friends. Show the seven random victims' names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
  • List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

Comments

#5, God made you in his perfect vision. If you don't feel comfortable with sharing your freckles, that's fine, but I love you inspite of them! I bet if you search the whole world over, there isn't anyone else like you. Grown folks look at the heart, especially the Christian ones. (smile) I have a lot of facial moles and you will see all of them at the cook out (LOL)

Love, peace and blessings for a Happy Weekend. PS How can those songs get you in trouble if you already have the wedding ring??? (LOL) Put a song on and go for it!
SLC said…
And I love you sis. You have me cracking up.
Now read it again, "you know the kind that could get you in trouble"! LOL, but I know where you stand based on some of the things you posted last year.

I've been married 15 years, but I was rolling with the old school Quiet Storm over 30 years ago. (Franky Crocker WBLS)

You know what, I'm gonna find my freckle picture.
Thanks for the boost and the laugh.
Gotta go turn up the quiet storm...................
CareyCarey said…
Okay, I have to admit that I am a little slow and a little lost.

Why is it that I've never seen this site? I mean, this must be a template change or something.

And, I do not know what a tag is?

I will say I am loving #9. Come on SLC, only a few know about Minnie Riperton. But since you also listed Donny Hatheway, you might know a little something *lol*

Come to think about it, I'd better check my stack because all of your selections are on my rotation.

Okay, The Winans or the Williams Brothers, what's your flavor? Mary-Mary???
Keith said…
Hey Friend, Thanks for the shout outs and my daughter appreciates your praise and support. I had this little cheap camera that I used to take photos with ,when she was a little girl..She took a liking to it and began taking photos back then..She's been hooked ever since. Shortly after I started "Escapades", she joined the blogging world too..She doesn't post as often as I do..but when she does..I'm usually amazed at how her photography has improved.Then again..I'm baised-lol.

Didn't know you were so musically inclined..Let me know when your demo comes out..My wife and I love
Smooth Jazz and Contemporary Gospel,
We'll definitely pick it up!!
SLC said…
Hey Keith, Please check out the link in number 7. The one that says a little too dark.
Thanks
Mizrepresent said…
Thanks so much for this award, once again i feel so honored, not by just the award, but knowing you. Thank you again, i will do my best to share this with the world, in a that makes a significant impact of our spirit, just like you do with me.