PLANS – A Letter to Console A Friend

I just wanted to write you a letter letting you know that I feel your pain and understand your frustration over your apparently failed plans. But please allow me this opportunity to try and encourage you based on my own experiences and what I know about God.
Don’t get mad when I say this, but sometimes, in spite of how smart you are, and in spite of how well you know yourself, you still don’t know what’s best for you. Stop looking at me like that. I mean let’s face it. Every time I make plans, I make them based on the assumption that future events will fall into place the way I want them to, enabling me to achieve a certain goal, experience a certain event, be at a certain place, acquire a certain object, or do whatever on a specific date. Now let’s face it you’re not much different than I am in that regards. Ok. I see your not really listening to me so let me hit you with some scripture and I’ll leave you a lone. Or at least I PLAN to leave you alone.
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3 NIV)
Stop thinking you don’t have to check in just because you’ve got a plan. Matter of fact, how about checking in before you get so engrossed in your plan?
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. (Proverbs 16:9 NIV)
Once you get started remember your steps are ordered by God, so obey the orders even if they seem to conflict with your plans.
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. (Proverbs 19:21 NIV)
Remember To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1). Your plan may be ok but the season may not have arrived yet, so be patient because ultimately “it is the Lord’s purpose” not yours that prevails.
I’ll be praying for, and you can plan on me coming back with some more WORD FOR YOU!
SLC

Comments

I love this post. It's so strange that the other night while writing in my "personal journal" I was thanking GOD for my life because I never really "saw" a future for myself. When you're young and lost and in pain, you only see "that" moment. When I grew up or thought I was "grown" I didn't know how I got there. It wasn't until I got married that I had a "plan". It was to be a good wife and live out the happily ever after. Well GOD had/has different plans. Here I sit patiently for his next set of instructions because he knows better than I what's best for me.

Love, peace & blessings!
Shanita Waters said…
Amen.... Preach the Word. Preach the Word. Preach the Word!

I love the way you wrote your letter to console "me" today.

Let me leave you with a scripture that came to mind as I read your post

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Be Blessed and I'm looking forward to more Word.
Keith said…
They say God Laughs ,while man makes plans...and it's probably true. I know that God has a great sense of humor if nothing else..just judging some of the best laid plans I've made without him that went awry...Ultimate it IS
The Lords plans and not our own that succeed in the end...My entire life has brought me to that conclusion.
Keith said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parkay said…
Awesome!! I had to read this letter twice! Very enlightning and I love the way each scripture fit the tale. Keep it up my brother! I definitely felt inspired by the contents of this letter and can relate to some of the characteristics I sometimes suffer from. You know what I mean, me, myself and I and forgetting who strenghtens me as I walk down the roads of life. I was also highly impressed with The Blog Commandments. I am new to this blogging thing but thanks for the roadmap. I enjoyed reading everything. PEACE!!!
ZACK said…
This is an AMAZING post, sir.

First, allow me to thank you for "subscribing" to my blog. I feel a little guilty because some of the language can be rather "Un-Christlike" at times. But knowing that I have believers like Shanita, Keith, and yourself reading my blog- I am challenged to be more cognizant about what I write.

Be blessed and stay in touch!
Hey, looking forward to the new background for this blog. You've got skills when it comes to setting up your templates. I'm envious. Thanks for visiting China's Creations. When she's up and running, I'll forward you an application. (smile)
Anonymous said…
This blog is great! Thanks for your hard work on it.
Anonymous said…
Webmaster, I love your site. Thank you sooo much for working on it.