If You Cant Get To Church - Make One

When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me
till I entered the sanctuary of God; 
then I understood their final destiny.
Psalms 73:16 & 17 (NIV)
 
One of my favorite old jazz songs is Come Sunday by Duke Ellington. I also like Tri-City's recording of When Sunday Comes. But I've come to realize that the issues of life can't always wait till Sunday to be resolved, especially the internal struggles that keep you up, or don't allow you to rest though you may get plenty of sleep. Once when David was in the wilderness he told God that he wanted to see his Glory as if he was in the sanctuary. He couldn't wait for the service and sometimes neither can I.  In the 73rd Psalm David voices his frustration (I think he was bloggin) over some things that troubled him. When he tried to understand these things on his own they were to much for him and he sunk into a depression, but only until he went in to the sanctuary. Then, he understood. Wherever your old, dry, depressing wilderness may be, you can open up your mouth and lift up your eyes to GOD in that mess and create a sanctuary for just the two of you. So if for some reason you can't wait until Sunday comes, or you can't get to Church this weekend, make one.
 
 
 
Exodus 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Comments

This is a good one and a must have in this day in age. I was a little frustrated that I had to be the Lt. at work and in my mind's eys, the job was keeping me away from church. Now that I read this post, that wasn't exactly true. I was keeping myself from church by putting the JOB 1st. Good thing GOD is a patient GOD and for that I could't give thanks enough. I am blessed to say that I found a Church home close by with (2) services throughout the week! But like you said, on those days when I can't get my praise on in the Lord's house, I find peace in my home. The kids are grown & on their own and the dog is oftentimes staring out the window trying to keep the devil away (smile) I say do whatever we have to do to keep that nasty word (depression) away from our spirits! Be gone SATAN!